So, my baby will be one in 26 days - hard to believe it! I think it really hit home this weekend while I was at a local art show. I remember being very pregnant at the show last year and not having a CLUE what my life was going to be like this year. I think the whole concept of babies is very abstract until you are right in the midst of raising one. I knew there would be sleepless nights (who knew they would last this long!) and dirty diapers, but I never could have imagined the shear joy I could get from watching my little one play, eat, and occasionally sleep.
Enough melancholy for the day! I now present
RYAN AT 11 MONTHS
- Ryan finally figured out how to crawl on his hands and knees (over the combat style he preferred a month ago)
- He then decided walking was the way to go! Ryan took his first tentative steps on August 27th. He can now walk the length of the family room (20 feet or so)
- self-feeding is still his preferred method of eating, only now he tries to use utensils! He is pretty good with a fork and can dump the contents of his spoon on his head or the dog pretty well
- His vocabulary is growing daily! "Mommy" and "Daddy" are used in the proper context. "Doddie" (doggie) is used to describe everything else that is living. it is too funny to watch him "read" his Baby Einstein animal book - he flips each page and points saying "doddie". "ba" means bottle, ball, balloon, sippy cup, and book. Anyone know what "boppy" means? And no, he never uses the boppy pillow anymore!
- He will randomly kiss people while he is playing or when you get him out of bed in the morning!
- Waves Hello and Bye (sometimes will blow kisses when waving!)
- Stairs are his friend -- although he does try to go down them head first still.
I guess those are the highlights, and now some pictures:
Ryan enjoying sauce
Ryan riding his Hi-Ho Silver horse from Papa Tony
A fish in the tub!