Tuesday, January 24, 2006

An post about nothing...

I realized that I have not posted pictures in quite some time. Would you like to know why? Because I have not downloaded any off our camera since before Christmas. December 8th was the last time I downloaded pictures! What a slacker I have become!
Expect picture heavy posts later this week as my goal tonight is to get them all downloaded!
Bon Jovi
The concert was great! Our seats were great! So worth the $80 a piece we paid (hey it was our wedding present, sort of, well, we used wedding money for them). Those guys amaze me -- they are all over 40 and they can rock for over 2 straight hours and then turn around and do it again the next night! I, personally, would be dead after one show!
Anyway, Jon is still as good looking as ever, and they sounded great. My only disappointment was their weak encore. I like a strong, old style rock out encore and their's was more new music and slow, ut still great!
The rest of the weekend
Rob and I were Ryan free until 5:00pm Saturday. Unfortunately, I spent most of this time in bed trying not to throw up (again). I felt so terrible all day Saturday and then again on Sunday that I was beginning to wonder if I was getting sick or if it was just the morning sickness still.
Ryan's world
The boy wonder is still trying to figure out which nap he would like to keep and which he is done with. I wish he would hurry up and decide since it seems we are never home when he wants to sleep and he never wants to sleep when I try to put him down! It looks like he is leaning towards after lunch and that is great! I just wish he would get there soon!
He has also been waking up before 7:00 most days. I wonder if this is in direct relation to the nap schedule change? We have tried later bedtimes, but he gets up earlier, earlier bedtimes, gets up at the same time.....
Any ideas?
Yesterday marked the first time Ryan has ever asked for a snack! He usually gets one when he get home from work to tide him over until dinner, but I forgot yesterday. He went to the drawer full of plastics, grabbed a small dish (that we use for snacks), held it out to me and said "nack". I was shocked! I asked him what he wanted and he went to the pantry, got some pretzels and handed those to me! It's crazy how big he is getting! He even sat on a chair at the dining room table and ate his snack while I finished dinner!
This afternoon is his 15 month well baby check up and the first time he will receive the MMR and Chicken Pox vaccination! My poor baby! I hope he handles them okay....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have just come to accept the fact that Jamie is an early riser, no matter what time he goes to sleep. And yes, the later he goes to bed at night, the earlier he wakes up. At around 14 or 15 months, his morning nap started getting later and later until I just cut it out altogether. He takes a 2 hour nap between 12 and 1. Bedtime at 6 or 6:30 and god only knows what time he wakes up..but he stays quietly in his crib until we come to get him (6:30 a.m. on weekdays, 7:30 on weekends). Have you read Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child? I know that gets beaten to death, but whenever I have a sleep question, I go straight to that book.

Anonymous said...

Wish I had advice on the sleeping. I'm the last person that should hand out advice on that!

So cute on the snack request!