Monday, November 14, 2005

The reactions....

Okay, so now I have had a day to digest the news and I am excited - still very freaked out, but very excited!
My biggest concern, I guess, is that Ryan is still a baby himself and now we are going to add another to the mix? Are we crazy (probably!)?
Rob got home sooooo much later than we thought he would - it was after 8:00pm. I couldn't contain it anymore, so after asking him how the game was, etc. I said "I know that our honeymoon being cancelled was really disappointing, but something really great DID come out of it" and I pulled the test out from behind my back. He was shocked! He kept saying "shut up!" and "Are you serious?!?!" and "WOW!". Of course I had to go and ruin the beautiful moment by starting to cry because I feel guilty towards Ryan for getting pregnant again so quickly and because I am still very overwhelmed that it happened this fast!
But, all in all, a good thing! Rob is so much more attentive already this time around. I think he was so SHOCKED by my last pregnancy that it took a while to sink in. We had some arguments in early pregnancy that were really related to him just being clueless about how I was feeling physically. This time around? He has already inquired twice about how I am feeling!
How am I feeling? Fine. Tired - no, make that exhausted! And hungry. That is it so far! And the mild cramping and very full feeling in my mid-section.
Last time the morning sickness didn't kick in until 6 weeks so I figure I have another 2 weeks of feeling good to go! Hopefully it won't be as bad this time around since all I wanted to do was sleep last time!

4 comments:

joana said...

I'm so happy for you, Andrea!!! You'll do great with 2 under 2 and I'm sure Ryan will love having a baby brother or sister so close in age. :-)
BTW, do you know your due date yet?

Jess said...

I'm thrilled for you and Rob and Ryan! What a cute little family of 4 you will be! Do you hope for a boy or girl this time around?

rachelayn said...

That's sweet of Rob to be so attentive to you! Chris had the opposite affect.
I'm sure you'll manage just fine with the 2 kids. Everyone that has them that close says that wouldn't have changed it.
I felt the same way with Krosby in very early pregnancy, hungry for about a week or so then came the sickness.

Andrea said...

THANKS!
Joana - I am going by an EDD of July 27th for now
Jess - I am very ambivilant towards the sex of this baby. I always thought I wanted only girls, but now that I ahve Ryan I can't imagine it any other way! I think another boy would be helpful since they are so close in age as well!