Thursday, November 10, 2005

drowning in a sea of snot

So Ryan is sick. Really sick. So sick that he wanted nothing to do with Mandarin oranges, remote controls , or sleep Tuesday night. Poor baby. I took him to the doctor yesterday and he has ear infections. One in each ear. OUCH! It is so scary because it started as a little cough and then Tuesday afternoon the sitter asked me to pick him up a little early b/c he was starting to show a slight fever. He started whining around 4pm and didn't stop until 4am when he FINALLY fell asleep on my chest (with me sitting upright in bed). Afte the doctor yesterday, Ryan slept for 3 hours on the couch with Rob and another few with me. He was much better by last night and today he is (mostly) back to normal! YAY!
What scared us most was how he fine and then BAM! not fine. He did this the last time he was sick, when he was 3 months old. Yes, we are very lucky. Ryan has only been sick twice in 13 months (of course we have paid almost $200 in co-pays from all the injuries he has had!)
Anyway, on the mend but snottier than ever. Tell me, is nose wiping really that tortorous to a child? Is walking around with snot dripping down your face preferrable? YUCK!
Edited to add: Ryan is sucha trooper. Yesterday afternoon, even though he felt lousy he tried to play, but all he did was sit on his police cruiser and mumble "beep beep". Usually he cruises all over the room honking the horn and blaring the siren and yelling "BEEP BEEP"! I tried to get it on video but he wailed when I attempted to leave the room.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, poor Ryan. I hope he feels better soon. Jackie was sick last week and I couldn't even dare wipe her nose without her screaming. I guess she'd rather be covered in snot!

Mama C-ta said...

awwwww, I hope he's feeling better!! J woke up sick today too, I think/hope it's just a cold...so far. But same thing I had to sit up and hold him for him to sleep.

Mrs. Flinger said...

Hope he feels better! Nothing worse than a sick baby. :-(