I was in a bed at Rochester General Hospital anxiously (okay, painfully) awaiting Ryan's arrival!
So hard to believe that it has been 9 months already!
He goes for a check up next week so I don't have any physical stats to report, but here is a list of Ryan's achievements:
- Crawls (combat style), pulls up on everything, sits when and where he wants to (paying no attention to the dog's head he just sat on)
- Says "Dada" "mom-mom" "da" (that is dog) and "up"
- Eats everything! Ryan decided he no longer wants baby food, so he is self-feeding more meals than not now
- plays peek a boo
- can put the right shapes in the right hole on all toys and actually tried to hammer in a ball that didn't fit
- loves swimming (pools, bathtub doesn't matter)
- sleeps 8 hours at night - most nights. Let's face it - this kid will never be a good sleeper!
Those are his big "milestone" achievements. Some other funny ones are:
- Peed standing up in the tub last night
- tries to tell me that he is mom (a game we call "I'm mom")
- mimics me blowing my nose
- coughs for attention - especially during meal times if people are actualyl have a conversation without him
- cries when the ice cream cone is taken away (and whoevers cone it is has to hide to finish it)
- "pets" Nico - translated to sees dog, squeals, race crawls to him, grabs fur, and bites. Yes, we are working on this
- My favorite: Will randomly grab your face and plant a big old slobbery open mouthed kiss on it!
HAPPY 9 MONTH BIRTHDAY, RYAN
Amazing how this tiny little
baby has become
This fun loving, 9 month old wonder!