Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Harry Potter the end

I finished the book last night around 11:30 (about an hour and a half after my normal bedtime). I handed it over to Rob and he asked me what I thought of it. I can sum it up in one word "wow". Not the ending I would have expected, not the death I hoped for. I was, however, correct about the Half Blooded Prince. Who knew?
I am not going to say anymore since I know some of you have not read it yet and I certainly don't want to spoil it for anyone. If you have finished it - JOEY! and want to talk about it, email me! I am dying to talk to someone!!!
Unrelated miscellaneous stuff:
I am in the process of ordering the wedding invitations and HOLY EXPENSIVE! I was able to find a site that offered the invites that I want at 30% off. Wording has been decided (FINALLY) I just need to find the time to sit down, order them, proof them, proof them again, and click submit! So much more to do. I was reading through the information from the reception hall and it seems that they needed 1/3 of the total by 6 months before the wedding. Interesting though, we never heard from them about it! I wonder if my dad has already paid it or if it is still pending. I should probably call them and make sure we still have a place for our reception before I order the invitations!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I JUST emailed you...I can't wait to finally have someone to dish about HP with (gosh...don't I sound like a dork)! ;-)

imstacy said...

Ok, maybe I'm the dork, but I've never read or seen any of the Harry Potter's. With all of this talk maybe I should start. :)

I remember buying stuff for my wedding. I was lucky enough that my mom went around and did everything for me, since we lived in Ohio and got married in Wisconsin. We went up two weeks before the wedding and had to make all the final payments - whew it was a lot of $$. Thankfully my parents paid for the reception or I don't think we would've had one. What were we thinking getting married at 22!! I hope you're enjoying yourself getting everything ready. I'm sure it's coming up on you very quickly. Do you have showers coming up soon?

Andrea said...

Stacy -
We have 2 showers in September! One is a couple's shower thrown by Rob's parents and the other is a traditional girlie shower thrown by my mom.
We are lucky in that my dad is paying for the recption and my grandma bought my dress. We are paying for everything else though....