Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Back in Time...

After a long, sleepless night due to the impending arrival of 3 more teeth all at once (in Ryan's mouth, not mine - I have all my teeth, except my wisdom teeth), I found myself saying "What a night" and that brought back a floodgate of memories from COLLEGE.
Does everyone remember the song "December 1963, Oh What a Night"? Okay, good. My sophomore year at Niagara we went to a bar called Riverside every Thursday night (for another time, I can give you the complete weeks line up of bars), and they always played the same songs in the same order and it started with this one (the rest of the mix included Cecilia, Brown Eyed Girl, Come on Eileen, and various other "college bar songs" that still bring me back to those fun fun times). Which got me to thinking of a certain night we were there (cue dreamy harp music and wavy images as we float back to June 1994)...........
I was at Riverside with my friend Pam who had just graduated from Niagara. What was I wearing you ask? Most likely cut off denim shorts, a body suit, a flannel and, oh G-d, Timberland hiking boots (I tried to find a link to something similar, but you can just watch any Beverly Hills 90210 or Melrose Place re-run to get the general idea)! Most likely drinking a Zima. I was there with my friend Pam. As was always the case when I was with Pam, I ended up having some major drama with the guy I was dating and Pam and I raced out of the bar and attempted to find his house from where we were. An unsuccessful venture to say the least and we ended up lost on some country road. We eventually figured out where we were and started home. As we were heading home, Pam decided she needed to pee - BADLY! Since we were no where near a bathroom, I pulled over and she proceeded to pee in the woods. No harm done right? WRONG! Pam called me the next morning to let me know that she must have squatted in poison ivy because her butt was covered in a rash!!! HA! 11 years later and we still laugh about that! We pretty much laugh about the 3 years we knew each other while in school and mostly the men of those years!
I was going to include the whole story behind the drama, but you know what? It is so water under the bridge now and really highlights my poor taste in men (present love excluded!). So who wants to hear that!
Happy Hump Day - I hope you enjoyed our little trip to 1994. Please leave your scrunchie and Nirvana CD at the door!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sister and I laugh at that "Oh what a night" song all the time...my sister and I were in yearbook class together one year and the class was trying to come up with a name for the yearbook for that particular year. Our high school was North County and the mascot was the Knights. So, just to be funny, Beth wrote down a suggestion "Oh what a Knight" and handed it in with all the other suggestions. Don't you know that it was picked?? We STILL laugh about that because no one knows that we were making fun of that song that gets played at EVERY SINGLE WEDDING (minus mine) that I've ever been to..

Anonymous said...

HA! HA! HA! I am laughing about the whole idea of it all. We must be pretty close in age, because it sure sounds like me back then. Except I was the one peeing in the field, although not in poison ivy - yikes!

Thanks for the awful reminder of wearing scrunchies - ick! You know I still see some women in the gym wearing them and it's so hard not to make comments.

Anonymous said...

LOL, Andrea!! Ahh...bodysuits. I must have owned like 8 of those things.

Mama C-ta said...

Haha, your Melrose outfit and the whole scrunchie thing was pretty funny!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Andrea! I think we probably all have at least 1 friend like that (and stories like that)! Thanks for making me smile this morning...ah...memories! :-)