Thursday, July 31, 2008

Week in review

It has been one of those insanely, crazy busy weeks! I am so glad I have nothing planned for the weekend!
Monday
Monday morning Nanny K started. She was on time, eager and excited to start working for us! Rachel, however, was less than enthused about her presence. She cried a bit when I left but I thought it was because I had Ryan with me and she was jealous that she had to stay home (it wasn't since she cried Tuesday as well).
Ryan started Vacation Bible School on Monday. We chose to send him to my in laws church because it is a great program and my MIL was dying to have him go (and offered to help get him there and back, etc). I opted to take him on his first day:

First day!
So we drive the 15-20 minutes out there without incident (or a ton of traffic) and we are stopped waiting to make a left into the parking lot and the guy behind us apaprently didn't see us and plowed right into the back of the van! Thankfully we were all okay (as was the other driver). Ryan was funny - when he asked what happened and I told him her shouted "maniac!" about the other driver! He says that my Uncle (who takes the kids out frequently) calls other drivers that :)
So after all the insurance exchange, etc. it turns out the other driver does not have a valid license! Oops for him! Thankfully the car was insured and we have taken care of filing the claim, etc.
I spent a better part of the morning trying to find an ambulance or fire station that had a car seat tech working to check out the seats, but I was unsuccessful in such a venture. Since the seats did not meet the criteria for needing to be replaced after an accident, and they need to be taken out anyway when we get the rental, I just checked them out myself (tightened some straps but otherwise they are fine).
Also on Monday I decided that I should really see a doctor for my ankle. You see, 2 weeks ago I slipped outside Rob's restuarant (it was rainign really hard!) and fell. Thought my ankle was broken but I was able to walk on it so I assumed it wasn't and just hobbled around for 2 weeks....
yeah, so it is broken! Thankfully it is not a displaced fractured and they gave me a brace which really helps it feel better. I am supposed to wear that for 2 weeks and then go back.
After Monday the rest of the week was uneventful! Ryan stayed with my in laws Monday night so they could take him to VBS Tuesday. he stayed with my sister Tuesday night so she could take him Wednesday. We took the opprotunity to go out with just the 2 littlest kids and had ice cream!

The rest of the week with the nanny was successful! She seems to enjoy her job, the kids like her. They play outside, she makes them nice meals, they nap and only watch a few minutes of tv (sadly much less than when I am home!). she is on vacation next week but Rob is all closes so we are okay in the childcare area.
Tonight is Ryan's VBS concert! I am so excited to see my little guy in action. He has informed me that he is going to sing "Scooby Doo" instead of whatever his class is performing! Well there has to be that kid huh?

No comments: