Thursday, December 01, 2005

Sick, sleep, scissors, santa....

Today's post is brought to you by the letter "S"
SICK:
Apparently Ryan's ear infection never quiet went away. 3 weeks later and the doctor said they are still pretty pussy (yum, right before lunch). He is now on Augmentin which I hate. I am not a fan of antibiotics in general, but then I am also not a fan of sick babies so we are giving it to him, twice a day....
Oh, also under SICK, morning sickness has reared it's ugly head already! Again following the same path as when I was pregnant with Ryan -- from 4am to 11am, and then again around dinner time and until I pass out for the night. This morning marks the first time I puked this pregnancy - the joys!
SLEEP
I am assuming the poor ass sleep is coming from the ears and the fact that Ryan is growing 84000 teeth right now! I cna sympathize, but PLEASE sleep! Mommy is not feeling well and Daddy is working super early hours this week. WE NEED SLEEP! Ryan's poor sleep is effecting everyone including the dog, who was reduced to SLEEPING ON THE FLOOR!!!! I assume he will soon figure out how to dial the phone so he can call animal protectives....
SCISSORS
You should never run with them! Seriously though, Ryan and I both got haircuts yesterday. I was the only one who enjoyed it! She only took a half inch off and then FINALLY put some layers in! WE let them grow out to make my wedding do easier and I finally got around to getting a haircut.
Ryan, who has already had 8 or so cuts, was a terror yesterday. Crying, pushing, squirming.....
Final result is great, but getting there was not so easy! I can't believe she still won't charge us for his haircut! He give her $15 any way, but I have to slip it in her purse since she won't take money from me :)
SANTA
Ryan met the man with the beard. He did initially cry, but got over it and sat on his lap for one deer in the headlight picture which I need to scan!
That pretty much sums up the last 24 hours in my life....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea,

I happened to stumble accross your page from a link on mamacita's page. Sorry to hear about the ear infection, my son was plauged with them also. The only way I got rid of them was to do ear candles - yes, I said ear candles. Go to your local "hippie store", like the health food store and ask for them. I know that this sounds REALLY hokey, but they work. Here comes the best part though, you put them in the childs ear, they are tapered like a candle but they are hollow. Then, you light the end on fire. I KNOW IT SOUNDS CRAZY!!! What it does is dry up the fluid behind the ear drum where the bacteria grow. Because the heat goes into the ear, it will create a vacum and also help to liquify the wax and draw it into the bottom of the candle.. By now you think I am a nut case dont you. Cant say I blame you, if someone I did'nt know wrote me this - I'd be scared!! :) Please dont be leary, my son suffered through ear infections, antibiotics and diahrea from the antibiotics. If you can't find these, I would be more than happy to send some to you, along with directions. I hope I havent scared you - seriously. My son has'nt had an ear infection in since he was about a year he is 7 now. Let me know - even if you think I am crazy. Best of luck to you.

Heidi

Anonymous said...

Oh man I hope the morning sickness goes away quick!