Wednesday, April 12, 2006

45 down and 35 to go, 18 months, 25 weeks

So what is the proper ettiquette on wedding thank yous? A year right? Oh wait that is for giving a gift. Apparently I should have had the thank you card written by Christmas. Well, I have had a stack of them written and sitting on my desk at work since November, but I decided this week that I REALLY need to finish writing them! So I am back to writing 10 a day! I will have them done by Monday and in the mail! YAY for me! I have written 45, well really Rob wrote like 5 of them, and have 35 left to write. I feel like such a slacker and they are hard to write now. What do I say?
"Thanks for the money - we have already spent it like 2 drunken sailors on leave" That just doesn't sound right! And in our defense, yes, most of it is gone, but we got a new furnace, central air, a new couch, and the remodeling of Little Miss' room.
18 months
Ryan turned a year and a half this past Saturday!! We celebrated the date by going to an Easter Egg hunt at a local library. He had such a great time! We got to decorate a foam egg, color, hear stories (which Ryan bypassed and chose to keep coloring), and then hunt for eggs. Each kid could take 2 eggs. After showing Ryan what he was looking for, he managed to find 5 eggs!!! What a smarty!
He is getting very bossy with other kids and the dog and actually received a time out for making a baby cry this weekend. His favorite activities are going outside, climbing on anything he can find, going outside and climbing, riding in his wagon outside, trying to put the dog in the wagon - this does not go over well, and spending time with mommy!
Verbally he is well into 2 word sentances and some would be 3 if he only remembered the please at the end of it! He makes decisions - milk or juice (which, by the way is water, but he thinks he is drinking juice!), what to wear - I let him pick out his jammies every night, which stories to hear before bed, etc. The funniest thing this month is his use of "um"!
Typical conversation:
Me: "Ryan, what do you want to drink"
Him: "ummm, milk. No No No Juice!"
It is so cute, but it really makes me notice how often Rob and I say um and it is much higher than I ever thought. I, of course, blame my use of it on pregnancy brain - I can never remember what I was about to say!
25 weeks
Or as my midwife pointed out to me on Monday, Little Miss could be here in as little as 12 weeks! YIKES!
My most recent appointment went well. I am measuring on target, have gained 12 pounds - which they don't think is a lot, but seems a little high to me. That would put me at less than where I was with Ryan at this point though!
Next appointment - May 8th with an ultrasound to check the placental location and then we are going to do every 3 weeks instead of every 2 unless there seems to be a problem of some sort (lets hope there isn't).
I really need to sign up for the breastfeeding class soon - I think there is one in May I should go to since June will be so busy with my mom's surgery and rehab.
That is another story for another day....
Oh, we found a new babysitter - Ryan starts May 1st with her. It was hard to do since we are so happy with our current sitter, but her new house is just to far from us and from my office to make sense for us to stay with her....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything is going well with the pregnancy!